Wallace Bishop Treasure Hunt
100 diamonds for 100 years
To celebrate 100 sparkling years, Wallace Bishop is giving away 100 diamonds to Festival goers throughout Brisbane during Brisbane Festival. With a total value of $120 000, 2017 may just be a year that stays with you forever.
So keep your eyes peeled – you may find a sparkling surprise. Brilliant!
Follow Brisbane Festival social media for the occasional clue about where the diamonds are being hidden.
- Wallace Bishop has provided 100 single loose diamonds valued at RRP$1000 each as major prizes.
- Wallace Bishop has also provided 100 cubic zirconia and silver rings valued at RRP$200 each in individually numbered Wallace Bishop ring boxes.
- Between the dates of 8-30 September 2017 Brisbane Festival will hide 100 cubic zirconia and silver rings in Wallace Bishop ring boxes in and around Brisbane for winners to locate. Inside each ring box will also be a letter with instructions to claiming the major prizes.
- When a winner locates a ring, they can keep this ring plus claim a major prize as per the instruction letter.
- To claim the major prize of a loose diamond, the winner must bring their ring prize (numbered box and ring) plus the letter to Wallace Bishop headquarters at Cnr Commercial Rd and Doggett St, Newstead Brisbane by close of business on Friday 29 December 2017. When the ring prize, numbered box and the letter are presented simultaneously, the winner will receive a loose diamond valued at RRP$1000.
How many ring boxes are there a day?
At least one ring box will be placed every day of Brisbane Festival.
How many clues are there a day?
One. But that doesn’t mean there aren't more sparkly surprises around for unsuspecting Festival goers!
What time will the clue come out?
Any time of day. We like a surprise.
Can you tell me more about how they are hidden?
The ring boxes won’t be anywhere you need to move furniture, climb or dig to find them. Please look with your eyes not your hands, and be respectful of the places and people where you are searching.
Will you announce when the ring boxes are found?
We’re not monitoring and announcing when the ring boxes have been found – you’ll only know if someone shares their lucky find on the Facebook event.
What happens if the ring boxes aren’t found by the end of the day?
The ring boxes are snapped up quickly! But in the unusual event that one is not found, it will be re-hidden on another day.
I’m under 18 – can I participate?
You can find the ring box but cannot exchange it for a diamond.
Are the diamonds ethically sourced?
Please see the below statement from Wallace Bishop:
At Wallace Bishop we are committed to ensuring that every one of our diamonds is sourced in a sustainable and ethical manner. As such we adhere to stringent procedures to guarantee that we are constantly acting in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. In doing so, we hope to provide you with the utmost peace of mind when making your diamond purchase.
Since 2003 Wallace Bishop have committed to the Kimberly Agreement and other industry ethical standards and refuse to deal with suppliers that are known to work the grey areas.
Treasure Hunt Terms and Conditions
- Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The Competition process forms part of these terms and conditions.
- There will be 100 winners in this Wallace Bishop Treasure Hunt. Each winner is eligible to win a major prize (one diamond) plus a ring prize (one cubic zirconia and silver ring).
- The promotion commences at 9am AEST (Brisbane time) on 8th September 2017 and ends at 5pm AEST (Brisbane time) on 29th December 2017.
- Entry is available to people over the age of 18.
- Directors, staff, volunteers and immediate family members of directors, staff and volunteers of Brisbane Festival or Wallace Bishop are ineligible to win the prizes of this Wallace Bishop Treasure Hunt.
- Winners may win one major and one ring prize only.
- Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The prize may be exchangeable for other goods and services provided by Wallace Bishop at recommended retail rate at the discretion of Wallace Bishop but cannot be redeemed as cash or any product or service from any company other than Wallace Bishop.
- Brisbane Festival and Wallace Bishop take no responsibility if any prize winner cannot report to Wallace Bishop to claim their major prize.
- Brisbane Festival and Wallace Bishop reserve the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
- Prizes that remain unclaimed at close of business on 29th December 2017 will be sold through usual business practice and unavailable for claim after this date.
- Wallace Bishop reserves the right to verify the validity of entries, prize claims and entrants (including an entrant’s identity and age) and to disqualify any entrant who submits a prize claim that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process. An entry that is incomplete, indecipherable, illegible or non-compliant with these terms and conditions is invalid and will not be accepted or considered. Failure by Wallace Bishop to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights
- The Promoter's decision is final and no other correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the Competition, an entrant releases and indemnifies Brisbane Festival and Wallace Bishop (including its officers, employees and agents) from and against all actions, liabilities, penalties, claims or demands the entrant may have against Brisbane Festival and Wallace Bishop or that Brisbane Festival or Wallace Bishop may incur for any loss or damage which is or may be suffered or sustained as a direct or indirect result of an entrant entering or participating in the Wallace Bishop Treasure Hunt or winning or failing to win a prize, or using or permitting any other person to use the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law or which would cause any part of this clause to be void or unenforceable.