CALL OUT FOR INDEPENDENT ARTISTS
Expressions of Interest are now being sought from independent artists and companies interested in having their work considered as part of the Theatre Republic program in Brisbane Festival 2016.
Brisbane Festival is committed to providing opportunities for independent artists in all areas of contemporary performance including emerging, mid-career and established practitioners.
We are seeking small to medium size presentation ready works with a weekly delivered fee of up to $8,000.
Expressions of Interest may include either existing work that is presentation ready, or a clear outline for a new work to be premiered in the Theatre Republic program.
Particular areas of focus for programming in 2016 include:
- Smaller intimate works in traditional and non-traditional spaces
- Performances suitable for studio or warehouse style venues
- Performances that engage audience/audient as participants
- Live art/performance encounters
* DJ’s, bands, visual arts and dance works will not be considered for the Theatre Republic program as this is a space for contemporary performance works based in theatre, live art and performance encounters.
All Expressions of Interest will be reviewed by Brisbane Festival Theatre Republic Curator.
Submitting an Expression of Interest
Please include the following information:
- Summary of the work (maximum one page).
- Cast/Crew list (Please also specify if artists are local/interstate or international, If some roles are yet to be filled please list the roles anyway).
- Bios of key artists.
- Reviews (if existing)
- Budget (up to $8,000 maximum) – please refer to budget template provided.
- Technical Specifications for the work. (Lighting, sound, AV and any other specific requirements. Please also include freight requirements as well as any set/props items that may need to be sourced in Brisbane).
- Support material such as video, images, photographs (online link or DVD through mail)
To submit your application or for any enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or via post:
PO Box 3943
This open call for Expressions of Interest closes at 5pm on Friday 18 March 2016.
Due to the large number of submissions received annually by Brisbane Festival, we are unable to offer assessment or feedback.
Theatre Republic brings an insurgence of award winning work from the front-line independent arts scene in Australia and around the globe.
Catch an Uber to your Brisbane Festival event! First-time riders can use code BRISFEST17 for up to $20 off their ride.
Parking: Paid parking in the Kelvin Grove Urban Village (weekends free); limited Pay & Display street parking on Musk Ave, Blamey St, Victoria Park Rd & Carraway St
Bus: Kelvin Grove busway station; Bus routes 345 and 390 along Kelvin Grove Rd
Visit TransLink for public transport options