Citizen Reviewer Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The promotional period (“Promotional Period”) for this promotion ("Promotion") commences 12.01 am AEST Monday 28 May 2018 and ends Midnight AEST Thursday 28 June 2018.
2. Information about the prize and how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions. Taking part in this Promotion constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. The promoter is Aruga Pty Ltd, ABN 38 618 965 594, 9/33 Vulture Street, West End, Queensland, 4101, phone: (07) 3036-2000 ("the Promoter").
4. There are 10 prizes in total to be won (‘Prize’).
5. Each Prize consists of:
a. The opportunity to have original user-generated content shared on the Brisbane Festival website and on Brisbane Festival owned social media channels at the sole discretion of the Promoter;
b. Orientation as part of the Brisbane Festival team;
c. Opportunity to visit Brisbane Festival Headquarters between 8 and 29 September 2018;
d. A double pass and VIP seating to seven Brisbane Festival shows between 8 and 29 September 2018 (subject to availability);
e. Brisbane Festival merchandise;
f. Food and beverage vouchers; and
g. The opportunity to receive exclusive mentoring sessions.
6. Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 8 years or older, as at the date of entry (“Eligible Entrant”). To be eligible to win a Prize eligible Entrants must:
a. Provide an original review or reflection of a music, theatre or dance performance by way of:
i. Writing with a maximum word count of 500 words;
ii. Photography with a maximum of 3 photos;
iii. Podcast with a maximum length of 6 minutes; or
iv. Video with a maximum length of 6 minutes.
b. Submit their entry here, and enter their email address;
7. The winner will be notified via both telephone call and their email address, which will be identified at the time of entry.
8. In order for an entrant to be an Eligible Entrant, their entry must:
a. Be an original work of the Eligible Entrant; and
b. Not contain violent, discriminatory, unlawful, infringing, hateful, pornographic or any other content which may offend, harass or insult.
9. Whether or not any particular entry is an Eligible Entrant in accordance with these terms and conditions is within the Promoter’s sole and absolute discretion. The Promoter may disqualify any entry from the Promotion which the Promoter deems is not an Eligible Entrant.
10. The directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and its related bodies are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse or domestic partner, ex-spouse or ex-domestic partner, de-facto spouse or ex-de-facto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin.
11. The competition runs Monday to Sunday during the Promotional Period.
12. Entries are only valid if submitted during the Promotional Period. Eligible entrants will be automatically entered into the Promotion in their own name during the Promotional Period and the winner will be awarded the prize in accordance with these terms and conditions.
13. Entrants in the Promotion may only enter once, and any subsequent entries will be disqualified.
14. Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash or other goods or services.
15. If the Prize is not available, the Promoter may substitute the prize with prize items of equivalent value.
16. The winning Eligible Entrants will be selected by Major Brisbane Festivals Pty Ltd (ABN 80 103 063 234) in its sole discretion. Major Brisbane Festivals Pty Ltd will select the Prize winners based on skill and creative merit at Brisbane Festival, Level 2, 381 Brunswick Street, Fortitude Valley, QLD on 12 noon AEST, Friday 29 June 2018.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to request that the winner provides proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide any proof requested by the Promotor or provides a proof which does not establish the winner's identity, age, residency or entry validity suitable to the Promoter, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
18. If the Prize remains unclaimed by 12 noon AEST, Monday 2 July 2018, Major Brisbane Festivals Pty Ltd (ABN 80 103 063 234) will conduct an unclaimed prize draw for the unclaimed Prize by selecting a winner based on the same criteria in accordance with paragraph 16 at Brisbane Festival, Level 2, 381 Brunswick Street, Fortitude Valley, QLD at 5:00 pm AEST on Monday 2 July 2018.
19. The winner for the redraw for the unclaimed Prize will be notified via email and telephone call.
20. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
21. The prize remains the property of the Promoter until lawfully claimed by the winner to the satisfaction of the Promoter pursuant to these terms and conditions.
22. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. If this Promotion is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated or is interfered with in any way due to any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right, subject to the requirements of any relevant permit authorities for this Promotion, to:
a. cancel, terminate modify or suspend the Promotion, where the Promoter deems appropriate; or
b. disqualify any entrant.
24. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these terms and conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Promotion. Any entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
25. As a condition of accepting a prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize supplier in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
26. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not responsible or liable for:
a. inaccurate/incorrect transcription of entry information;
b. purported entries that are not received for any reason, including because they are lost, misdirected or stolen, or that are received, but are late, illegible, incomplete, sent with insufficient postage (where entry is by post), or sent other than as directed in the entry instructions;
c. any problems or technical failures of any kind, including malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or network, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software;
d. any variation in Prize value to that stated in these terms and conditions;
e. the unavailability or inaccessibility of any service whether or not caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website;
f. unauthorised human intervention in any part of the competition;
g. electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the competition;
h. any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property and including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss arising in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to a Prize winner and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying a winner; or
i. any injury or damage to persons or property, including to the participant's or any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participation or downloading any materials in this competition.
27. Limitations of Liability: by participating or entering into the Promotion, except for liability under statute which cannot be excluded, each entrant agrees that the Promoter, Major Brisbane Festivals Pty Ltd (ABN 80 103 063 234) and their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by each entrant for any claims, liability, or cause of action for any injury, death, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including without limitation property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the delivery, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of either Prize, participation in this Promotion, or participation in any Promotion or prize related activity. The Promoter and Major Brisbane Festivals Pty Ltd (ABN 80 103 063 234) are not liable for any change in value of a prize occurring between the publishing date of these terms and conditions and the date the prize is claimed.
28. The above conditions do not affect, and are not intended to affect, any rights a consumer might have, which cannot be excluded under applicable consumer protection laws. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its servant or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the cost of having the prize supplied again.
29. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed. The winner will not be entitled to any fee for participating in these activities.
30. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits for their images and/or voices, as recorded, photographed or filmed during their participation in the prize to appear in any media whatsoever throughout the world for an unlimited period and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
31. This Promotion is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in this Promotion.
32. Entrants release Facebook and its associated companies from all liability arising in respect of the Promotion. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
33. Entrants release Instagram and its associated companies from all liability arising in respect of the Promotion. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
Citizen Reviewer Program:
34. Winners must post their review of any Brisbane Festival shows they attend in their capacity as an Aruga Citizen Reviewer at Brisbane Festival within 48 hours of the conclusion of the show.
35. Major Brisbane Festivals Pty Ltd (ABN 80 103 063 234) reserve the right to publish and promote any reviews on their website or owned channels as they deem fit and their decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
36. Each winner must take out and maintain until 30 September 2018 a public liability insurance policy to the level of $10 million per event and a personal accidental injury insurance policy.
38. Entrants are not required to provide personal information, however if you don't, you may not be eligible for this Promotion and the Promoter may not be able to provide you with its goods/services or contact you in relation to this Promotion or any changes to it. If an entrant does not truthfully provide all requested personal information, the Promoter may determine that they are not eligible to win the Prize.
39. You can access the personal information about you held by Brisbane Festival by calling Brisbane Festival’s Privacy Officer on (07) 3833 5400.