Qweens on King application
Qweens on King is presented by Brisbane Festival and King Street, in association with Brisbane Pride Festival
Calling all LGBTIQ couples who want to get married.
Are you dreaming of moving to the next stage of your relationship in spectacular fashion, in a one of a kind ceremony in front of friends and family but with a unique twist?
Fancy getting married with seven other couples simultaneously at one of Brisbane Festival’s opening events, Qweens on King? Wallace Bishop will provide the wedding bands, Welcome to Bowen Hills will kick start your reception and Travel Associates will contribute $5000 toward your honeymoon package.
Hopefully you already have your outfits pressed because there is no time to waste, you’ll be married in the afternoon spring sun on September 8, 2018.
It will be a gathering of rainbow sophistication and flair as King Street, Bowen Hills is transformed into an elaborate free garden party playing host to a giant stage, the best local talent, some surprise guests and a big gay ‘ole wedding officiated by Gai Lemon (her real name) and your celebrity hosts. Who will sign your wedding certificate? One can only dream!
We’ve chosen the music, arranged the flowers and booked the photographer. All YOU need to do is register your intention to marry, pop on your outfits and show up.
If you would love to be one of our eight couples to tie the knot in historic fashion in the electorate that polled the highest ‘yes’ vote in QLD and you think that doing it on a stage in front of an adoring crowd of more than your family friends would make it a day to remember, then register your interest now.
To apply to be a part of a wedding of a lifetime you’ll need to:
- Tell us in 100 words or less why getting married at Qweens on King is the wedding for you
- Upload a 1 minute video telling us your couple story (optional)
- Upload 2 of your favourite photos together
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions
applications have now closed
What you need to know / Terms and Conditions:
- We understand that we will be partaking in a publicly staged ceremony and event produced by Brisbane Festival involving the simultaneous marriage of multiple LGBTIQ couples.
- We confirm that we are eligible to be legally married in Australia. For further information on eligibility and requirements please go to: https://www.ag.gov.au/FamiliesAndMarriage/Marriage/Pages/Getting-married.aspx
- We understand that proof of identity will be required - including an original birth certificate (not an extract) OR Australian passport plus one form of photographic ID (eg drivers license).
- We agree to have registered our intention to marry and make available our proof of identity and eligibility to marry with the appointed celebrant by 5pm August 8th, 2018.
- We acknowledge that the cost of lodging this registration is our responsibility.
- We acknowledge that we will need to make ourselves available to meet with the appointed celebrant on the 4th or 5th of August, 2018 to complete eligibility.
- We are available for the entire day on Saturday September the 8th, 2018 and are able to attend the event in Bowen Hills, Brisbane.
- We acknowledge that the selection panel’s decision is final and they are not able to provide individual feedback on all submissions.
- We understand that the expenses for the marriage celebrant and wedding photography will be covered by Brisbane Festival.
- We understand that the words and images supplied in this submission may be utilised for promotional purposes.
- We agree to be available for media interviews or sponsorship associated activities, with reasonable notice, if required by Brisbane Festival for publicity and promotional purposes.
- We understand that the Festival may cause photographs and video footage to be captured of the event and we give permission for such photographs to be taken and utilised for promotional purposes by Brisbane Festival and their Partners.
- We understand that the Festival, associated presenters and its licensees shall have the right to utilise, publicise, reproduce, publish, broadcast or transmit (alone or as a compilation with other material) all of the material submitted as part of the application for the purpose of promoting Qweens on King.
- We understand that Wallace Bishop will provide free of charge one 9ct plain gold wedding band (or comparable) per person from their standard range. We can elect to invest above this range (but are not obliged to do so). We agree to accept the wedding bands from Wallace Bishop and use them at the Qweens on King event.
- We understand that a designated space will be provided within Welcome to Bowen Hill for a wedding reception and acknowledge that we will be provided with $500 credit should we chose to use it. We understand that we are not obliged to invest any further finances toward this reception but purchase in addition should we chose to do so. Space may be limited due to demand.
- We understand that Travel Associates will provide a honeymoon package to each couple up to the value of AU$5000 + GST that can be redeemed for flights or accommodation through Travel Associates. The package must be redeemed through a Travel Associates office and must be used before 8 September 2019, dates subject to availability.