The night sky is our final canvas. Sunsuper Riverfire is Queensland’s ultimate fireworks display, wrapping up Brisbane Festival with a bang. And it’s all set to music you’ve helped choose - music that has defined living in Brisbane in 2016.
Spectators will also be wowed by aerobatics from the Australian Defence Force with RAAF Super Hornet and Army helicopter displays.*
Crowds can tune into Triple M’s live broadcast of Channel Nine’s exclusive television coverage from 6:30pm.
Sat 24 Sept, 7pm
Australian Defence Force activities including RAAF Super Hornet and Army helicopter displays late in the afternoon and evening.*
Victoria Bridge, South Bank, Kangaroo Point Cliffs, Captain Burke Park, Wilson’s Lookout, City Riverwalk, including Riverside Centre and Eagle Street Pier. All these sites offer food and beverages for sale. For people who have limited mobility, access is available at South Bank, Eagle Street Pier, Riverside Centre and Captain Burke Park.
South Bank is an alcohol-free event for Sunsuper Riverfire. Please do not bring pets, bikes and scooters, drink bottles with broken seals (including bottles of water or soft drink), glass or alcohol to South Bank. These items will be confiscated by South Bank security staff. Brisbane Festival recommends using public transport. Delays may be experienced to CityCat services during Sunsuper Riverfire. For more information visit translink.com.au, call TransLink on 13 12 30 or visit brisbanefestival.com.au
*Availability of ADF equipment and aircraft including Super Hornets and helicopters is subject to operational requirements.
Sunsuper Riverfire 2016 Aerial Displays
Wednesday 21 September
ARMY Helicopter Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital Visit
- 2.00pm 1 x ARH Tiger from ARMY Aviation Oakey arrives at Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital for a short 2-3 minute display.
Thursday 22 September
ARMY Helicopter Rehearsals
- 2.00pm 2 x ARH Tigers and 2 x MRH 90 Taipans from ARMY Aviation Oakey performs a 10 minute display in the South Brisbane and Town Reaches of the Brisbane River.
Friday 23 September
RAAF FA18 Super Hornet Rehearsals
- 12.30pm 2 x FA18 Super Hornets from RAAF Base Amberley perform a 10 minute display in the South Brisbane and Town Reaches of the Brisbane River.
Saturday 24 September 2016
- 4.30pm 2x ARH Tigers and 2x MRH 90 Taipan from ARMY Aviation Oakey performs a 15 minute display in the South Brisbane and Town Reaches of the Brisbane River.
- 5.15pm 2x ARH Tigers and 2 x MRH 90 Taipan from ARMY Aviation Oakey performs a 15 minute display in the South Brisbane and Town Reaches of the Brisbane River.
- 5.40pm 1 x FA18 Super Hornet from RAAF Amberley performs a 10 minute display in the South Brisbane and Town Reaches of the Brisbane River.
- 7.04pm 1 x FA18 Super Hornet from RAAF Amberley performs fly over to mark the commencement of Sunsuper Riverfire.
- 7.05pm Sunsuper Riverfire Fireworks Commences
- 7.26pm Sunsuper Riverfire Fireworks Concludes
*All timings are subject to ADF Operational or Emergency Requirements and final Air Traffic Control (ATC) approval without notice given.
*Please note the City and South Brisbane Precinct is a NO FLY ZONE for drones. Penalties apply. Find out more here.
Please be reminded that if you have any pets in the Brisbane area to take extra care during these times. For more information on how to care for your animals, please see the RSPCA website.
Do you have a question regarding Sunsuper Riverfire? Please click here to see our FAQ's.
Sunsuper Riverfire is part of the Festival Focus. Click here to take part in the Festival Conversation about Taking Part.