1. The Promoter is Brisbane Festival (ABN 80 103 063 234) Festival House, Level 2, 381 Brunswick Street, Fortitude Valley, Qld 4006. Phone +61 7 3833 5400.
2. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
Who can enter
4. Entry is open to all Australian Residents over the age of 18.
5. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older as at the date of entry in order to be eligible to enter the competition.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
When to enter
7. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s database, not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
8. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
How to enter
9. Entrants may enter the competition by completing the competition entry form found on the promotional website, or by engaging on the Social Media Platform(s) as instructed.
10. Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these Terms and Conditions. For the purposes of these content requirements, “entry content” includes any content (including text) that entrants submit in connection with their entry into the Promotion.
11. Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid, unless the entrant requires the assistance of a third party to enter due to a disability.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses.
Number of Entries permitted
13. Only one entry per entrant will be permitted in each individual competition draw, unless otherwise stipulated on air/on the Website/on the Social Media Platform(s)/in the member email, or in any other way by the promoter Notification of winner
14. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes in connection with the Promotion.
15. The winner will be notified by phone and email if the Entry included this informaiton, or via messaging on Social Media Platform(s).
16. The prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry.
17. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
Prize on offer
18. Winners will receive the specific prize they have entered for which will be described on the coupon, email entry of via website form or social media post.
19. Entrants need to enter each individual competition as they are advertised. Entry into one specific competition does not entitle the entrant to be automatically entered into every competition advertised.
20. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
21. The prize cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
22. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements. It is the responsibility of the winner to confirm such conditions with the prize supplier or other relevant third parties.
23. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion
24. The prize must be taken and accepted before any advertised date in the case of an actual event, festival or accommodation prize. The prize cannot be changed once the event date has expired. In the instance a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
25. Any companion of the winner under 18 years of age must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian at all times
26. The winner acknowledges and accepts that activities that may form part of the prize could be or are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses. The Promoter is not responsible for any acts of god, such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may take place. The winner must make his or her own enquiries about local issues and conditions prior to attending the event.
27. The winner (and their companion/s) is/are responsible for all other expenses not covered by the prize package.
28. The winner and all travelling companions are responsible for their own transport arrangements from their residence to any particular venue that may be part of any given prize.
Further Terms and Conditions
29. Subject to complying with all relevant State and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition at any time.
30. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
31. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
32. If an entrant uses any form of software or third party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software), organises for a third party to enter on their behalf in breach of these terms and conditions or enters using incorrect contact details, his or her entry will be deemed invalid. If such an entrant wins a prize, the entrant must immediately return the prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine whether an entrant has breached this clause. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm whether an entrant has breached this clause. Entrants must provide whatever documents the Promoter requires upon request.
33. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
34. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize if an entrant who claims to be a prize winner is unable to satisfy these terms and conditions, provide adequate photo ID or is unable to claim the prize.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
35. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize, or in subsequent advertising or marketing activities undertaken by Brisbane Festival. The winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
36. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
37. The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the remainder of this clause will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
38. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
39. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you for the purposes of conducting this promotion. Any disclosure of such information will be made as required by law and in accordance with these terms and conditions but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
40. All entries become the property of The Promoter. All entries will be entered into a database and The Promoter may use the entrant’s names and email address for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By entering this competition, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact The Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to The Promoter. The Promoter collects information about you, including for example your name and email address which you provide when entering the competition. We collect and use that information to provide you with our goods and services and to promote and improve our goods and services. We may share your information with our related companies and any of us may be in contact for those purposes. We may also use your information as described when we collect information from you. If you do not provide us with requested information we may not be able to provide you with the goods and services you require. We may disclose your information to our related companies, service and content providers. Where you have entered a competition, we may disclose your personal information to authorities if you are a prize winner or otherwise as required by law. To request access to, or to update, personal information the Promoter holds about you, entrants can contact the office of the Promoter on +61 7 3833 5400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.