11 - 14 Sept | City Botanic Gardens
Compagnie Carabosse (FRA)
For more than 20 years, French artists Compagnie Carabosse (FRA) have been putting landmarks around the world to the torch from Stonehenge to the Kremlin. Now, over four nights, these luminary alchemists will transform the City Botanic Gardens into a dreamscape of mystery and revelation.
Huge spheres of leaping flames, sculptures that flicker and dance, fiery urns that cause shadows to play, and a soundtrack every bit as brilliant as the garden itself – making your way through this wondrous and maze-like garden will inspire awe and reverence in equal measure.
Fire Gardens is an otherworldly experience to spark your imagination, touch your heart and fill up your senses.
“Fire Gardens delivers a primal experience, a respectful celebration of the beauty and power of the elements: there is fire of course, but also air and water. It’s a truly beautiful sight to behold this holy trinity.” ARTSHUB
Questions? Read the FAQs.
AAMI Lucky Club SPECIAL
Eligible AAMI customers can purchase Fire Gardens tickets through the AAMI Lucky Club to receive extra benefits! Lucky Club has scorching Fire Gardens tickets at the cheapest price, with priority entry and a complimentary ticket to 1000 Doors. Find out more about AAMI Lucky Club at aami.com.au/luckyclub*
*Hurry! Only a limited number of tickets are available, so you’ll need to move fast!
Each Fire Garden is an original script written for a particular place; a one-off creation, short lived in a particular place, a lived-in setting, visual, musical, with sounds and sensations. So each project is different and each crew is different and of variable size but made with professional artists from street art that follows the Company around the world.
The Company Carabosse (FRA) was created more than 20 years ago and is made of:
- An artistic collective: Nadine Guinefoleau, Christophe Prenveille and Jean-Marie Proust.
- A group of artists responsible for the fire installation: Stéphane Abrioux, Christophe Bricheteau, Emmanuel Cottin, Christian Cuomo, Bertrand Dubois, Richard Fouillet and Mathieu Laville.
- A team for administration, production and communication: Stéphanie Auger, Patricia Klein, Lise Burgersmeister and Sylvie Monier.
- A team to organise the old dairy at the Company’s stock: Fabrice Gilbert, Sébastien Giraud-Vidault and Anthony Pelletier.
- Véronique Rotureau who does the costumes.
- Some loyal partners: Minsitère de la Culture – DRAC Nouvelle-Aquitaine; Région Nouvelle-Aquitaine; Conseil Départemental des Deux-Sèvres.
For Brisbane Festival, the Cie Carabosse team is: Christian Cuomo, Christophe Bricheteau, Morgan Davalan, Bjort Runarsdottir (musician), Stéphane Rosello (musician), Gérard Court, Véronique Rotureau, Julien Levret, Pascal Fleuret, Bruno Gastao, Jim Tranger, Emmanuel Cottin, Ilijana Vukmir Damour, Jennifer LePorcher, Christine Baron, Seth Scheuner.
The local performance crew is supplied by Shock Therapy Productions.
Sessions every 30 mins until 8pm
Allow 1 hour
$20 - $33
Select the lowest price available when booking